Being A Trader....

Oh my.... when i open up my forex terminal just now... I was not in shock, but a little upset by the market movement: not going to the direction of my analysis.  I don't want to talk about market movement anymore... it is sometime frustrating but you know that is the way it is and you have to live with it if you are a forex trader.

I would like to share my experience on my recent business venture.  I've been helping my rich dad to manage a business of wet salted cow hides. I managed to register on several portal and to my surprise, I got a lot of traders looking to buy this material.

Do you know what is a cow hides?  It is a smelly and not good looking cow skin that have been skinned from its flesh. even most of the time it is so smelly that you'll probably will feel like throw out... and there's a lot of maggots on the hides as well.... hahaha... got the picture? They were sold to traders after being chemically salted and dried.  I've been replying to all of the traders request and ask them to come to Malaysia, particularly our warehouse in Pasir Mas, Kelantan to look inspect our quality if only it was up to their expectation.

The first person who really respond to my email, called me and ready to come by air to our warehouse was Mr. Haleem from India and he's not a trader.  He has a chain of factory in India ranging from making industrial gloves to a Halal slaughterhouse in India.  He was a kind and religious person.  Due to the high price of hides in the golden area (Malaysia-Indonesia-Thailand), he did not pursue to buy hides from us.

That is my first experience as formal trader.  I didn't ask for a payment or a salary from my dad, as I know this is part of my learning process. Besides that nice experience, I have been able to have a basic idea of how is it to be an international trader.  To my amazement, Mr. Haleem was down to earth even though he already have several factories to his perusal.  To Mr. Haleem, I thank you for your visit and hopefully someday we will be able to do business again Insyaallah.

 


Comments

Popular Posts